REQUIRED CLEARANCES FOR EMPLOYMENT
Act 153 of 2014 requires school employees to obtain background checks periodically, and upon hire. Clearances must be submitted before the commencement of employment or service and must be obtained every 5 years thereafter. Links and instructions for obtaining clearances are provided below. Please contact the Human Resources Coordinator for additional information on obtaining or renewing clearances.
Clearance Fees (clearance fees are subject to change without notification) - Fees are paid online and are as follows for each clearance:
- PA Criminal History (Act 34) - $22.00
- Child Abuse (Act 151) - $13.00
- FBI (Act 114) - $25.25
Click the buttons below to begin your application for each clearance.
Completion online will give you immediate access to your clearance.
- If the status is "No Record": Double-click on the control number on the screen, then click on the Certificate form. Your clearance will be displayed and can be printed or saved as a pdf at that point.
- If the status is "Request Under Review": You should periodically check the website to determine the final status. The result will eventually show up as "no Record" or "Record". If it shows the latter, a response will be mailed to you. Otherwise, navigate to the Certificate form and print it or save it as a pdf.
- If the status is pending: You should periodically check the website to determine the final status. If it remains pending for more than 24 hours, call the Helpline at 1-888-783-7972.
- The system will take you to a screen to create a Keystone ID for your account.
- You will receive an email with a "temporary" password to access your account and change your password.
- Use the Keystone ID and password you create to start the application. Please be sure to remember this Keystone ID/password for future use. This site is also used for online ChildLine referrals and clearance renewals for 3 years.
- You must be prepared to supply information about all the addresses you have lived and every person you have lived with since 1975.
- Completion will provide you with online access to your clearance within 2 weeks and, in some cases, immediately. Additionally, you can choose to have your clearance sent to your mailing address.
You must preregister (24 hours/day, 7 days/week) online at the link above or by calling 1-844-321-2101 (Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 6:00 pm)
When registering online or by phone you must use the service code: 1KG6XN
- Payment may be made online when registering using a debit or credit card. Payment may also be made with a bank card, money order, or business check at the fingerprint location. Money orders and business checks must be made out to IDEMIA. NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS will be accepted at the fingerprint sites.
- Once registered, you can have your fingerprints taken at any location listed on their site. When registering online, you can view locations.
- You must provide proof of identity upon arrival at the Fingerprint Center, such as a state issued driver's license, state ID card, passport, etc.
- Once your fingerprints are taken at the fingerprint location, you will be issued a receipt with your UEID (Universal Enrollment ID). This is the number you must provide to the Human Resources Coordinator to access your OFFICIAL FBI clearance online.
- You will be able to print out, ONE TIME ONLY, an unofficial copy of your clearance when you receive it from IDEMIA for your records.
More information and frequently asked questions about background clearances can be found on the PA Department of Education website at: