Assignments for Mr. Shambaugh's Class
*Pick Up of Personal Items TODAY, 8:30 - 4:30*
Today is the last day of school before Summer Break. I have recorded a short goodbye message in the link below. I am so proud of all of you, and I hope you have a great summer! Best wishes moving forward!
Parents, thank you for all that you have done this year! You are an extraordinary group! Please view my thoughts in the link below.
Today's countdown activity starts with the letter E. Our activity is ENJOY SOMETHING. Enjoy something that you like to do: maybe it is a favorite hobby, book, or treat. Remember that these countdown activities are for fun, and they are not required.
Reading: There are no formal assignments to complete today. Nothing needs to be turned in to me. The activities below are just for fun and to help you remember your third grade year.
Your assignments for today:
1. Click the link below. It will open a memory book that you can print out (if you want) and complete. You can work on it today and over the summer (you don't need to do the whole thing today). THIS IS THE SAME MEMORY BOOK THAT WAS POSTED YESTERDAY.
2. If you have chapter books at home, it would be great for you to read a chapter per day.
3. Listen to today's read aloud by clicking the link below. Our final read aloud is a book by Dr. Seuss, "Oh, the Places You'll Go!"
Math: There are no formal assignments to complete today. Nothing needs to be turned in to me.
1.Below is a link to a final Math Mystery. I know that you enjoyed these throughout the year, so I wanted to give you the chance to solve one more mystery. You can print this out (if you want) and try to solve the case. You don't need to solve the whole thing today. THIS IS THE SAME MATH MYSTERY THAT WAS POSTED YESTERDAY.
2. I have links to 2 Mathnet episodes below. Mathnet was a fun detective show for children when I was young. Detective Monday and Detective Frankly use math to help them solve mysteries. I watched a lot of these episodes when I was a kid!
**If you enjoyed these episodes, there are more on Youtube. WITH A PARENT'S PERMISSION, go to Youtube and search "Mathnet Full Episodes". This will bring up more episodes of this classic children's show.
Science: NO ASSIGNMENTS
Social Studies: NO ASSIGNMENTS
NOTES FOR PARENTS REGARDING TODAY'S ASSIGNMENTS
1. Today's assignments are just some fun activities that I thought the children might enjoy. They may want to print out the Third Grade Memory Book and the Case of the Giant Goblin math mystery. (If your child printed them out yesterday, these are the same. No need to print again.) Neither of these assignments need to be completed today. They can be completed at any time over the summer. Nothing needs to be turned in to me.
I included links to 2 Mathnet episodes. This was a series on PBS which featured two detectives, Monday and Frankly, who used math to solve mysteries. There are more episodes available on Youtube. Search "Mathnet Full Episodes" to get more if your children are interested.
Please visit the pages below for Music, Art, Library, and Phys. Ed. activities that you can do with your child at home.