The more that you READ,
The more things you will LEARN.
The more things that you KNOW,
The more places you'll GO.
-Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut
Day 3 (Thursday 8/16/18)
Reading, like anything else, takes practice. It would be silly for a coach to drill a skill without ever providing time to actually play the game (scrimmage or BIG time), right?
This year, I am expecting you to play the game. I want you to read so that you can be the best person you can be. I am not going to force it... I want you to enforce yourself during that time. You will be a happier person... if you practice reading!
Some suggestions for your brain to play the game:
- a novel at your reading level (we'll talk more about that in school)
- a magazine that has topics that interest you
- a cookbook or other topic-based book (my favorite)
- manuals (if you are a fix-it person)
- letters written by friends and family
- anything else that you think of is worthy for discussion!
Please remember that traditional and digital texts offer values to the whole reader! Balance both, and consider the benefits of both. Spread your wings, and READ!